I often get asked the question, “How do I get the right workout clothes for me?” So I came up with a quick little guide that will help anyone who is purchasing new workout gear. When trying on workout clothes it’s always very important to get your true size (not a small when you truly wear a medium) no one will see your size because it is sewn on the inside. If you get a size too small or even too big you will regret it.
Here are a few tips that you should do when you are in the dressing room. Make sure you get the big dressing room because you are going to be doing some big moves.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and raise your hands above your head, reach for the ceiling, really stretch, come up on your tippy toes so that you can reach your full stance.
You are doing this so that you ensure your top is not riding up and that your workout pants are not slipping down.
- Keep your left arm above your head, drop the other arm to your side and do a side bend to the right, keeping both feet firmly on the floor, do a nice full stretch. You want to make sure your top does not rise too much but if you don’t mind some skin showing you can choose what your comfort level is. Repeat on the other side.
- Bring both hands down and touch your toes.
You want to make sure your workout pants are not creeping down those hips.
- Stand tall and raise one knee to your chest, grab with both hands and pull in close to your body, make sure you have the flexibility and ability to move your leg easily, repeat with the other leg.
- Squat down and place your elbows on your knees with your hands together like you are praying. Again, make sure that the pants are not creeping down, we don’t want any plumbers crack in the gym. If you follow these simple tips, you will find the perfect workout clothes for you.