SXSW is here and with over 5,000 artistst from 60 countries, there is a definite overload of amazing lineup and stages to crowd around!
To help ensure your SXSW aka pre-Coachella experience, we highlighted our top TWO must attend SXSW events for 2019!
Blossom & Sol Culture and Natural Hair Festival, formerly known as The Curly Girl Picnic.
1. When: Saturday, March 16th, 2019 from 11 am – 6 pm
2. Where: Austin, Texas on the Athletic Field of the HBCU, Huston-Tillotson – 900 Chicon Street
3. Who: Blossom & Sol Natural Hair Festival – presented by Coco Bates of The Co Report
4. Why: Although the festival will have panels, workshops, and products pertaining to natural hair, The Blossom & Sol Natural Hair Fest is so much more than hair!
The festival is about being surrounded by positive representations of blackness, forming lifelong relationships, practicing group economics with the hand-selected and diverse collection of vendors, and gaining a strong knowledge of self.
5. Duh: Blossom & Sol Natural Hair Festival will be an opportunity for people with textured tresses to come together in an electric environment to fellowship with one another, network, learn techniques in natural hair, beauty, and skincare. There will be a variety of workshops, panels, live demonstrations, live musical performances, an Afrobeats dance activation, as well as private complimentary yoni steams.
The Unapologetic Fashion Show and Model Walk Off
When: March 16th, 2019 beginning at 5 pm.
Where: La Cueva – 15505, I-35, Pflugerville, TX 78660 (North Austin)
Who: Presented by BeiN Xposed, LLC the Unapologetic Fashion Show and Model Walk Off is an idea that came to the CEO Nitasia Dupree as an opportunity to creatively show her passion for the fashion industry with no outside opinions or criticisms constraining her vision and the motto, “Time to be unapologetic and just BE YOU.”
Duh: The Unapologetic Fashion Show will be a full-on love experience out of the ordinary in which recognition and appreciation will be evenly distributed not only to the designers and boutiques but also to the models who really show a tremendous amount of commitment and self-discipline to make sure that the show is a huge success. The CEO of BeiN Xposed, LLC not only wants this to be an amazing event but an unforgettable experience for all of those that get to witness it. This will be the First Model Walk off during SXSW where models can truly flow in their gift and the audience will be Wow’d with the talent these models bring to the runway. There will be amazing fashion, a phenomenal performance, an audience member walk-off with prize giveaways, and some other fun surprises. Everyone will leave filled with emotions of love and excitement. This event is History in the making and this will be the first of many Unapologetic events.
Featured Image by Coco Bates