Stress is quite likely the most common complaint. Aromatherapy is one of the tools that can combat stress and lead to a greater sense of wellbeing. Some ways to incorporate aromatherapy include:
1. Use a diffuser – a few drops of lavender oil in a diffuser will make your house smell great and bring a sense of calm almost instantly.
2. Get a massage- a massage with a relaxing oil, like lavender or patchouli will bring head to toe relaxation.
3. For a pick me up after a long stressful day, rub an invigorating oil with peppermint on your temples for increased alertness.
4. A relaxing bath or shower using lavender body wash right before bed will guarantee a good night’s sleep.
5. There’s nothing like a good foot rub to relieve pain and increase circulation. Use rosemary peppermint oil (Rosemary Peppermint Hair and Body Oil $10) and take a deep breath. The fresh scent works wonders!
Written by Taitu Founder and Wellness Coach Montez Teferi