Actress Taraji P. Henson dazzled the 2017 SAG awards in designer Reem Acra and made a powerful speech of unity of all America as the nominated film Hidden Figures took home the Best Picture award.
Tym Wallace, celebrity hairstylist created “a chic but edgy undercut style” for the Hollywood star. “When thinking about Taraji’s look- wanted to focus on her inner beauty and personality. Her versatility and command of any screen translates – from Empire’s ‘Cookie Lyons’ to Hidden Figures’s “Katherine Johnson’,” states Tym Wallace.
Here is a step – by – step to recreate the look.
1) Cleanse natural hair with L’Oréal Paris Sulfate-Free Shampoo and
Conditioner, followed by It’s A 10 Leave-in Miracle Product.
2) Next, section the hair and blow-dry with an Olivia Gardner round
brush and fav tool, Dyson Supersonic hair dryer.
3) Once dry, section the hair to create an edgy undercut with
4) Next, create large waves using the Harry Josh
ProTools Ceramic Styling Iron. Bonus: Add a little pop with
custom-colored Indique hair extensions using Pravana color system
5) After letting the waves set, brush out downward using a small Mason
6) Finish with ORIBE Apres Beach Wave and Shine spray and
Moroccan oil Luminous Hairspray Strong – VOILA effortless beauty
Photo credit – Tym Wallace