Who says single girls can’t have a little fun for Valentine’s Day?
Gather your single gal-friends and make a fabulous night of baking (and wine)! We found a really cool recipe on Brit.co that you can make with friends that involves sugar, vanilla and your celebrity crush (hey Drake).
-red and pink fondant
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-small cup of water
-Letter stamping kit or a cookie stamping kit
-Heart shaped cookie cutter
-Unused Paint Brush
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined.
2. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Split the dough in half and flatten to form disk shapes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With your heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
4. Roll out your pink and red fondant to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart shapes with the same cookie cutter and use your letter stamping kit to stamp the names of celebrity heartthrobs into the fondant.
5. Once your cookies are completely cooled, flip over the fondant heart and apply water to the back of the heart using a small brush. Flip the heart back over and stick it on your cookie.
See more on Brit.co