“I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”
Here is what this quote means to me:
If you’re not happy with your environment, your circumstances, or a situation in your life, don’t let it control you. Your circumstances do not have to define you.
Own it. You can take your positive energy, good vibes and good intentions and infuse that into the environment that you’re in. That way, your environment can now become a reflection of you. You have the power!
Photo – Heidi Wilson @the_social_shutter on IG |Workout Gear – Fit Atelier @fitatelier on IG
I love all forms of fitness but one of my favorite workouts is a glute focused circuit workout combined with high intensity interval training. I created this conditioning circuit to give you the best of both worlds! It’s a burner!
Warm Up: 5 minute brisk treadmill walk @ 15% incline
Conditioning Circuit (glute focus):
(5 rounds – 10 second rest in between each exercise)
- DB Romanian Deadlift x10
- Bulgarian Split Squats (one foot on bench) x12 total (6 each leg)
- Close Toe Squat on Plate x10
- Curtsy Lunge x12 total (6 each leg)
- Elevated Bridges x15 (feet on bench)
- Plank Jacks x20 (total)
- Mountain Climbers x20 (total)
Post Circuit Cardio Treadmill:
- Start with 5 minute jog at a reasonable pace to warm up, gradually increasing speed
- At the 5-minute mark, choose your “high intensity speed” (aim for 10.0) and sprint at that speed for a minute. Option: power walk at 15% incline 3.5 mph, do not hold onto handlebars
- Then, select your rest speed and walk at rest speed for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the sprint at the highest intensity you can maintain adding an incline (preferably, 4.0) to mimic normal outdoor running conditions for one minute, and follow with 30 seconds of rest and recovery.
- During recovery, walk at rest speed to lower your heart rate and prepare for the next high-intensity interval sprint.
- Complete 8-10 rounds, including the workout and recovery.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I like to kick off my morning with a breakfast of protein and fats. This combination helps me feel fuller and gives me he energy I need to get my day of to an amazing start!
Here’s my ideal breakfast:
Egg white frittata with sliced avocado and coffee
Egg white frittata ingredients
* 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/2 medium onion, diced
* 1/2 small sweet red pepper, sliced
* 1/2 small green pepper, diced
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* Dash pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 8 egg whites, beaten
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, green pepper, salt, oregano and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Beat egg whites until foamy; pour into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until egg whites are set. Loosen edges and bottom of frittata with a rubber spatula. Invert onto a serving plate; cut into four wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Fritatta only) – 2 pieces:
184 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
To complete the meal, add ½ sliced avocado and coffee with sugar free hazelnut cream!