Our favorite “Cookie”, Oscar nominated actress Taraji P. Henson dazzled the 2016 American Music Awards with a simple yet sexy look. Celebrity Hairstylist Tym Wallace gave us the scoop on how he created the ultra-sleek, effortless ponytail for the show. “When thinking about Taraji’s AMAs, look-we wanted to do a look she has never done on the carpet. Three feet of hair, the perfect choice!” states Tym Wallace.
You can easily create this simple yet chic style at home. Here is a step by step to recreate the look.
1) Cleanse natural hair and True Indian True Signature in Indian Wavy. Let the extensions air dry to bring out the natural texture-without frizz or flyaways. The longer, the better! (Taraji is wearing 36 inches)
2) Blow dry your hair, then silken using a 3/4 inch flat iron.
3) Create a strong center part and slick the hair into a low ponytail.
4) Wrap extensions around natural hair; secure with bobby pins.
5) Add your favorite frizz serum to make sure your waves are perfectly carefree all night long
Photo Credit – Tym Wallace