As a person still trying to adjust to this ‘adult world’, trying to get used to waking up at 6am is still a struggle. So it’s highly imperative that I make sure to stay alert and awake throughout the day. We’ve all had this happen to us; we’re either still tired from the night before or once lunchtime hits and we eat awesome food that hits the spot, we start to get that feeling of being sleepy and tired. From there, we tend to mentally “clock out”, which leads to slackness on the job and we surely can’t have that. For some, a quick way to fix this is a cup of coffee or an energy drink to help get that boost – one which is for sure not that healthy for you, and the other isn’t that guaranteed to even work. Of course there are other ways to get energy, but naturally is always best! With that being said, here are five ways to naturally energize.
- Matcha tea – A form of green tea, but more effective and healthier since it’s grounded up green tea leaves you’re ingesting versus a tea bag. Drinking a cup of Matcha tea when you feel that tiredness hit, will surely help with concentration, boosting energy levels and it makes for a tasty hot or cold drink!
- Eat foods with vitamin B12 – Eating any type of food with the vitamin B12 (which is great for providing energy), for breakfast or lunch, will provide you the necessary energy to keep going throughout the day. Foods such as red meats, salmon, yogurt, fortified cereals are full of B12 and excellent to help supply energy.
- Breathing exercises – There’s a specific breathing exercise that I learned from online personality, Francheska (HeyFranHey), who is very knowledgeable about her wellness tips. There was a tip specifically she mentioned on her podcast, ‘The Friend Zone’ that can help give you an energy boost if needed:
- Inhale for 6 counts
- Hold for one count
- Slowly exhale for 6 counts
- Hold for 1 count
Try this for however many times you need, it’ll surely give you that extra boost to keep you going.
- Go out in the sun – Take a break, walk outside and get fresh air, allow the sun to recharge you. The feeling of soaking up the sun’s rays can supply you with enough Vitamin D to help wake you up and help you feel much more alert.
- Get enough sleep – This is a no-brainer; try to get a full eight hours of sleep. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed and able to take on the days’ challenges!
How do you keep yourself energized throughout the day? Do you have your own remedies? Let us know your own tips.
Featured Image: Shutterstock