In honor of one of the best holidays of the year, National Drink Wine Day, the SHEEN Team has listed a few of our favorite wines and a special recipe for all the winos celebrating.
Here’s a sangria recipe from on AllRecipes.com for 6 servings (we won’t judge if it’s just for you)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 (750 millimeter) of a bottle of dry red wine
- 1/2 cup of triple sec
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup of white sugar (optional, taste before adding)
- 8 Maraschino cherries
- 2 cups carbonated water (optional)
In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
Enjoy! Happy National Drink Wine Day!