Over the weekend, VanJess held a private album release party and gave guests a first listen on all their new album had to offer. However, the question on fan’s minds is when it actually will be released? With the Hollywood city lights as a backdrop, the Nigerian American singing sisters announced their latest project, Silk Canvas would be dropping this July.
While rocking shoulder length braids and matching all white attire, VanJess showed a thirty second visuals revealing the exciting news. They used Nicholas “Slick” Stewart, the dancer featured on Jay-Z and Beyonce’s album artwork for “Everything is Love”. He is shown dancing perfectly to VanJess vocals in the background. At the end the words, “Silk Canvas, Debut Album. Coming In July” appeared on the screen as the crowd clapped and cheered.
VanJess has been taking the music world by storm with popular singles like, “Addicted” and “Touch The Floor”. Both of which have proved to be breakout hits having over 2 million streams combined on Spotify. This is a far cry from their YouTube days where the girls first gained national attention doing covers. Nonetheless, it is apparent how hard VanJess has worked to get to this point in their careers. The best part is this is only the beginning for these budding talents.
Check out the visuals announcing Silk Canvas:
Silk Canvas Track list:
- My Love (prod. by Da-P)
- ControlMe (prod. by IAMNOBODI)
- Touch the Floor feat. Masego (prod. Jay Kurzweil & Ogee Handz)
- Filters (prod. by Darehouse & Scribz Riley)
- Honeywheat (prod. by Da-P)
- Addicted (prod. by IAMNOBODI)
- Cool off the Rain (interlude) (prod. by Lophiile)
- Through Enough (feat. GoldLink)
- Another Lover (prod. KAYTRANADA)
- Til’ Mornin (prod. by Louie Lastic)
- Best Believe (prod. by Jay Kurzweil)
- The 1ne (prod. by Scribz Riley)
- Easy (feat. Berhana& Leikeli47)
- Rewind Time feat. Little Simz(prod. by Jay Kurzweil)
- In & Out (Outro) (prod. by Fortune & DrewsThatDude)
Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram
For more on VanJess: