With all of the holiday parties, events and staged photos, we all know how critical good flash-proof makeup is. No one wants to be tagged in photos looking ashy and unpolished. Here are the do’s and don’ts of taking photos in full coverage makeup:
- Use Blotting papers to soak up extra oil, it’s better than powder and risking a caked on look
- Blend and when you think you’ve blended enough, blend more
- Trial runs for big days- don’t let your huge event come and not test your makeup in the same lighting that will be used on the important day
- Wear (realistic) false lashes for added drama and glamour to your eyes
- Use Yellow setting powders and not a white translucent powder
- Matte colors and face makeup are best
- BB/CC creams, mineral foundations and anything with SPF (look for Titanium dioxide and Zinc Oxide ingredients)
- Avoid too much mascara and eyeliner, especially with light skin. Say no to the raccoon effect!
- No shimmery eye shadows or heavy bronzer in broad daylight
Here are some of the best flash-proof foundations:
Now it’s officially time to slay your holiday parties!