New York Fashion Week is approaching fast! The week will kick off September 8 until September 12, 2021. Even during Delta strain of COVID-19, designers will not miss the most fashionable moment of the year. Everyone from FashionBombDaily’s Fashionbomb Show, Michael Kors, to Private Policy will be showing their Spring 2022 collection. Fashion Week is where influencers, celebrities, buyers, and stylists have a chance to see the latest collection from some of the hottest designers. From Milan to Paris and NYFW, these moments are top tier, and everyone wants to attend however, patrons have to know how to enjoy being part of the who’s who of the fashion world.
These are the TOP 10 things needed for a great experience during Fashion Week:
- COMMUNICATION/ ORGANIZATION/ TIME MANAGEMENT.
- The designers/models are at work, they cannot stop and talk during the show
- NO FOOD/DRINKS ON THE FRONT ROW
- FRONT ROW is for BUYERS/STYLISTS and people that are going to propel their careers in terms of modeling or designing.
- LOCATION /START and END TIME
- Designers, stop waiting until last minute to start a collection
- THANK YOU for hiring new models especially POC MODELS
- Make sure there is credible media/press for coverage
- Families, please NO YELLING OR NOISE MAKING during the show
- MODELS COME PREPARED TO GIVE IT YOUR ALL ON THE RUNWAY
Amid COVID-19, the fashion industry has had to rebuild and find new ways to bring fashion to life. Anifa Mvuemba broke the internet during COVID-19 with her 3D showing if her collection Hanifa. “Fashion shows bring industry veterans together to enjoy a week of fashion, love, memories and lots of conversations that interest each other,” celebrity Joshua Johnson says.
As we try to move forward into 2022, we hope the fashion industry can continue to thrive and find new innovative way to bring fashion to life. Hopefully these tips can help you enjoy your first fashion show experience.