Times are changing and many are making pivots toward their goals. For some that pivot may lead to blogging. Many are honing in on their writing passion to offer inspirational words to various audiences. I love it!
I welcome everyone to express passion positively through guided content. Your shared experiences are unique and can be expressed literally to uplift lives everywhere. From a financial standpoint, blogging can also guarantee passive income for your household. So why not?
If you do decide to curate content for the eyes of others, there are a few things to consider. Here are some tips:
- Do your research. Invest some time in reading other blogs. Look into keywords to use, see what topics are trending and more.
- Discover your niche. Who are you writing for? What need are you trying to solve.
- Build your network. Follow other bloggers. Subscribe to blog sites. Engage in blog groups & comment on social media posts from other bloggers.
- Be a guest. Guest blog for others to get your feet wet and gain writing experience.
- Get social. You have to be on social media. Follow and engage with other bloggers online. Create your blog social media accounts. Generate your online bio, create your own social media templates for posting and more. Build up followers before your launch. This is helpful for when you choose to monetize your blog as well.
- Generate content. Before you launch you should write at least 8-10 blog posts. This will save you time because once you’ve launched, things may get hectic.
- Be consistent. Once you launch, the work is not over. Create a schedule for regularly posting of content. Create routine newsletters to email to your audience. The best is yet to come.
Have fun with generating your content so it doesn’t seem like “work.” Be genuine in your approach and the rest will follow. Your blog can be as small or large as you wish it to be. Most importantly, leave a positive imprint on the hearts of your intended readers.
Writer, C. Scott, is a mompreneur, author, blogger & reading interventionist. Follow her online as @curls_coils and @mysweettealife.