In the world of music we see things change daily. When we hear about new artists we always wanna know The Who/What/When/Why that’s not different for Alexis Marie a young lady with a big voice, I had the opportunity to sit and chat with her about her music and where she sees it going. Let’s get into it:
1. What inspired you to get into the music industry?
Music is something I was literally born into. My mother’s water broke as she was directing the church choir, so I truly believe and know that music is a part of me. It’s an expression I simply can’t live without. Music is always on my mind, in my spirit and in my heart. I don’t feel I would be living out my true purpose if I did not pursue my passion and love for music.
2. What genre would you place your sound into?
Most of my fans would say RnB or pop, but honestly, I don’t desire to place myself within a frame or specific genre. I’m an artist, so I make what feels good to me at the time.
3. Who would you love to collaborate with if you had the chance?
The one and only BEYONCE’, Of course! I also would love to one day collaborate with Lauryn Hill, Jazmine Sullivan, and Brandy! I admire all of those women musically and in their personal lives as well, so I’d love the opportunity to work with legends like them.
4. Why is Atlanta a great place to start a musical career?
Atlanta is the sound of the south in my opinion. There is a wide range of artistry here and it’s a breeding ground for creative and professional success. It’s just a great place to learn, grow, and flourish.
5. What’s one piece of advice you would give to someone wanting to jump into the industry, especially with how it’s being run now?
“Study your craft.”