Born in Brooklyn, raised in Atlanta, this woman is anything but ordinary. She is a mom, a wife, a battalion chief (yes, you read that right) and an all-around boss! Halani Lobdell, aka, Mrs. Two Weeks Out, began her fitness career by training for the Physical Agility Test with the fire department. At first, she just saw it as something she had to do for this new job. Little did she know that from there a fitness powerhouse would be born!
She says that she found the strength to accomplish the tasks of her career, “so along with building muscle, it also helped with my weight loss from the birth of my second child”. Her love for fitness grew intensely and now, a legend in the making, Mrs Two Weeks Out gives us her Self-Care @ Home tips for quarantine maintenance.
How do you feel this shutdown has impacted your business in the fitness industry?
Since the shutdown, our physical gym, The Loft Athletic Club, has closed while the quarantine is active. Our online program, X28, is still thriving even as people are at home because they are looking for ways to stay physically active. I have also been hosting free IG live workouts to help keep our clients engaged and motivated.
What are your top three tips to our readers for maintaining physical fitness during this time?
My top 3 tips are :
- Establish a new normal by finding different and innovative ways to be active. Do something you have never done before. IG live workouts are at an all time high and are FREE!!
- Make good food choices. More people are less active during this time and making good food choices can counteract the effects of being more sedentary. Your success is dependent on your diet!
- Maintaining mental health during this time is just as important as physical health. -Meditate daily and go outside and take in some fresh air.
Give us your idea of a great daily “quarantine routine” for overall physical fitness.
- Wake up
- Eat a balanced breakfast
- Workout – this includes cardio
- Intake some form of protein
- Enjoy the rest of your day
- Get a good night’s rest
How do you think your business will change or be impacted after this is over?
To be honest, I believe my gym will thrive even more. People are itching to get out and move! I also believe those that have been intimidated in the past to workout will be more motivated. I own an athleisure wear line, BodyNV, and I am thankful that even during this unprecedented time, its running so well! After the “world reopens” I have even higher hopes for my brand!
Please share a few of your favorite inspirational words for our readers!
My favorite quote is taken from my husband Jason-“Nothing changes if NOTHING changes.” We have to get out of our comfort zones and take leaps of faith. This can be applied to any area of life. If this quarantine has taught us anything, hopefully, eyes are more open to creating opportunities to plan for the unexpected.