The COVID-19 pandemic in Honduras is part of the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus was first confirmed to have spread to Honduras on 10 March 2020, when two women tested positive for the disease. As of 31 August, there are 61,769 confirmed cases in the country, with the majority of cases located in Cortés and Francisco Morazán. Confirmed cases have been reported in all 18 departments of the country.

Since then, the country has closed maritime, aerial, and land borders, suspended classes at all levels of education nationwide, ordered a nationwide curfew, and price freeze for basic food items and certain medical supplies and equipment. The case fatality ratio for COVID-19 has been much lower than SARS of 2003, but the transmission has been significantly greater, with a significant total death toll.

On 16 March, Honduras confirmed two more cases of coronavirus in the City of Tegucigalpa, raising the confirmed cases to eight. At the same time, with the country in voluntary quarantine, further measures were taken, banning use of public transport and forcing some public and private labor to work from home where possible and abstain from presenting themselves to work. Additionally, stronger measures were taken in the Central DistrictCholuteca, and La Ceiba, where a total curfew is currently imposed and all nonessential movements of people are banned until further notice.

On 27 March, 27 new cases were confirmed, 1 in the Yoro Department, 2 in the Lempira Department, 6 in the Colon Department, and 18 in the Cortes Department. Additionally, 29 suspected cases were announced. Later that evening, the health minister confirmed that 3 patients have recovered, 1 in San Pedro Sula, 1 in El Porvenir, and 1 in Tegucigalpa. On 29 March, It was announced by the Secretary for Security that the nationwide curfew will be extended until 12 April. Later that day, 29 new cases were confirmed in the country, for a total of 139 cases nationwide.

It was announced by the Secretary for Security that the nationwide curfew will be extended until 12 April. Later that day, 29 new cases were confirmed in the country, for a total of 139 cases nationwide. Additionally, the third death was officially confirmed by the Virology Institute of the country. Three deaths will be confirmed the next day if it was caused by COVID-19. Cortes has now 79 cases, the most of any department in the country.

On 31 March, two deaths were confirmed from COVID-19, one in the City of Tegucigalpa and one in La Union, in the Lempira Department. During the evening, 31 new cases were confirmed, 22 from the Cortes, 4 from Colon, 2 from Francisco Morazan, 2 from Atlantida, and 1 from Lempira. One death from COVID-19 was reported from the Atlantida Department, taking the death count to 10. On 1 April, the Honduran Health Minister, Alba Flores, and a representative from the Pan American Health Organization, Piedad Huerta, have been quarantined for 12 days after becoming suspicious cases for COVID-19.

On 13 April, 10 new cases were confirmed, 8 from Cortes, 1 from Lempira, and 1 from Francisco Moraza; a new death was confirmed to be from the virus and its complications. During the announcement, it was confirmed that over 2,500 tests have been performed and some minor doubts were cleared up in relation to how testing is currently working in the country. The spokesperson alluded to over 1,000 suspicious cases, explaining that tests performed with quick testing equipment have to be confirmed via laboratory tests.

On 3 May, 45 new cases were confirmed, 42 in Cortes, 2 in Francisco Morazan, and 1 in Comayagua. The limited circulation by the population has been revised once more, allowing for just one digit (of the ID or passport) per day, alongside an extension of the nationwide curfew to 17 May; such measures do not apply to El Progreso, Yoro; Las Vegas, Santa Barbara; and Cortes..On 16 June, 478 new cases were confirmed, the majority of them in Francisco Morazan.The president Juan Orlando Hernandez and his wife tested positive for COVID-19.